Contact Us

Dr. Mexico Border Clinic offices are open from Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm. We are also open on Saturdays from 9am to 2pm. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us, or fill out the information request form on this page. We try to get back to you the same day, or within 24 hours. (On weekends, it may not be until Monday morning before we can reply).

Av. Via de la Juventud 8800, Int. 2202, Empleados Federales, 22010 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico

Dr. Mexico Border Clinic has the finest Mexico dentist providers of dental care.

If you have found this website, it is because you are seeking a cost effective, affordable, alternative for dental care. The prices for dental care in the US are beyond the means of most people. Dental insurance is either non-existent or very limited. But with the affordable prices for dentistry in Tijuana Mexico, you can finally have the new smile you have always wanted at a price you can afford.

Here are some factors to consider, and reasons to choose Dr. Mexico Border Clinic:

Affordable Prices – Because the cost of living, cost of education, and cost to operate a business is so much lower in Mexico, we can offer prices for dentistry in Mexico at a deep discount. You will find that our prices average less than 1/3 of what US dentists charge, giving you a substantial savings of nearly 70%.

Convenient Location – Because Tijuana is just across the border from San Diego, CA, it makes it very easy to get here from anywhere in the US. We can even arrange your transportation from the San Diego airport to our clinics. If you live in Southern California, Just drive to the border, and we will pick you up on the Mexico side.

patient-vanTravel and Hotel Arrangements: Some patients choose to rent a car and stay on the US side. We recommend that you consider staying in one of the nice hotels near our dental clinics in Tijuana. The hotels on the Mexico side are nicer and cost less money than a comparable hotel in the US. Also, you won’t have the hassle of having to cross the border, and go through US Customs multiple times. We can arrange free transportation to and from your hotel, if it is on the Mexico side.

Length of stay: While a lot of our patients are from nearby San Diego, and Los Angeles, many patients come to us from a great distance. We realize that when you are coming from out of state, and you need to plan flights, etc., it is helpful to have an approximation on the time required for treatment. We can help you with a time estimate based on the information you give us. Unlike US dentists, who will often stretch a plan of treatment out for months, our Mexico dentists will dedicate their time to your case, and focus on you to get as much done, as quickly as possible. Taking into consideration the time to get lab work back, here are a few rough estimates:

1.- 1 to 3 standard crowns – 2 days
2.- 1 to 4 root canals, posts and 4 crowns – 3 days
3.- 5 to 8 standard crowns – 4 days
4.- Dentures – 2 days
5.- 8 to 12 veneers – 6 days
6.- Full oral rehabilitation of 28 zirconium crowns – 10 days
7.- Initial implant placements – 1 day
8.- Stage two, implant abutments and crowns – 3 to 5 days (depending on number of crowns)

Documents to bring with you: The Mexican authorities will probably not ever ask you for documents, but what is required is just an official picture I.D., like a driver’s license. However, to re-enter the US, the US officials will ask for a US Passport book, Passport Card, or an enhanced driver’s license. Although you can get through US Customs with just a State driver’s license, it will be less hassle for you to get your passport. We strongly encourage our patients to get a US Passport CARD. You can apply for either a card or a book, or both. For border crossing purposes, a CARD is much better. Not only is it small, and easier to carry with you, the card has an electronic chip in it, that allows Customs to scan it at a distance. US Customs has created a special lane, called the “READY LANE”, and people with one of these types of I.D.’s are allowed to go through the ready lane, and cut if front of the people in the regular lane. This will greatly facilitate your crossing back across the border and save you a lot of time.

Important Note: Because the Fast Lane merges with the Ready Lane, in order to use a Medical Fast Pass, you have to make sure everyone in the car has an ID with the RIFD chip. The ID with a chip is a Passport CARD, a Border Crossing Card, a new version of a Permanent Resident card, or an enhanced drivers license. If you only have a passport book, or a regular drivers license, they you don’t have a chip, so you will have to go through the regular lanes.

Payment for services: We require treatments to be paid for as each stage is finished, with the exception of work that has to be sent to the dental lab. Work sent to the lab must have a deposit made of 50% made before we send it to the lab for fabrication. We accept Visa and Master Card payment, as well as a Paypal transfer. Because of taxes and bank fees, there are no discounts on dental work with this type of payment method. However, if you make payment in cash, there will be a 5% discount. We can also take payments made with a Bank issued money order, or a cashier’s check. A money order works better for us than a cashier’s check, because you don’t have to assign a payee. If you do get a cashier’s check, please ask us for the correct name to put down on the check as the payee, BEFORE you go to the bank. Although it may not be possible to give you an exact amount for all dental work before you came, we can estimate it fairly close, and work out details with you.

New Border Crossing Regulations:

1.- You must now have a US passport to cross the border:  

Just like the US Government requires everyone crossing the border into the US to have passports, the Mexican Government also now requires all persons crossing into Mexico to have a passport. Things have historically been a little lax, but now they are tightening up on the regulations. Make sure you get your passport before crossing into Mexico, to avoid any delays or hassle, by the US Customs, as well as Mexican Customs.

If you haven’t yet gotten a US Passport, we strongly recommend that you get the “Passport Card”, rather than the “Passport Book”. You can actually apply for both, or either one. But the reason the Passport Card works better than the Book, is because it has the RFID electronic chip, which qualifies you to use the faster moving “Ready Lanes” either as a pedestrian or riding in a car. Here is a link to the government website:


2.- You will need to get a Tourist Visa at the border:  

Pedestrian Crossing: If leave your car parked at the border, and are walking into Mexico, you will need to present your US passport, and fill out a tourist permit form. It will just take 5 minutes. However, make sure you keep your tourist permit on your person. In case you are stopped in Mexico for any reason, you will now have proof that you entered into the country legally. The cost of a tourist permit, to visit Tijuana for a week, is free. But, if you plan to stay for more than a week, plan to return for a second trip, or are thinking of going on to Rosarito or Ensenada, you will need to get the 180 day permit, costing $25.   

Crossing the border by car: If you are stopped in Tijuana, you will need to show that you have legally crossed the border. So, even though you could just drive through Mexican Customs, and they don’t ask you for any documents, don’t neglect to first stop and get your tourist permit. The process will just take a few minutes.

When you first cross into Mexico, do NOT get into the lines of cars that are going through the lanes through for inspection. Rather, keep to the right, and go straight ahead to the area for Voluntary Declaration. Most of the cars going in here, and parking, are stopping to declare products that they purchased in the US, so they can pay the “Importation Tax”. But this is the same area where you will find the “Immigration” office, in order to get your tourist permit. Just park your car next to the others, and go into the building. Inside you will find the Immigration office, and tell them you want a tourist permit. It will be easiest if you just tell them you are coming to visit and shop, otherwise they will ask you for the exact address of the clinic, and hotel address where you are staying. Just a little less hassle.